At Virtual PSX, you’ll have several opportunities to connect with your fellow attendees. Here are a few tips to help you make the most of your networking breaks.
Video & Text Chat
Before you get started, test the video chat and the text chat (private or public) feature in the Virtual Event Place Booth. You’ll need to enable camera and audio controls for your computer.
Chat is available in each area of the event, as well as each partner booth. You can chat to everyone in the room using text, or have private one-on-one text, audio, or video chat!
Here’s how it works:
Chat to all: Use the text bar at the bottom of the chat window to type a message. Simply hit send and your message will be public and visible to all.
TIP: To tag someone in your message simply use the @ symbol to search for their name. The chat will automatically populate names of those who are in the same chat.
Private text chat (1:1): To have a private text conversation select the person you would like to chat with from the right-hand side of the screen. When you click their name a private message window will pop up. From here you can engage by text, audio, or video.
Audio & video calls: To make a 1:1 audio or video call follow the steps above to pull up who you would like to connect with. Once you are in your private chat window you will be able to see a phone icon (voice only) and a video camera icon (video call). Click on the corresponding icon to initiate your call.
TIP: Use the group or private text chat to confirm someone has time and is ready to connect by phone or video.
No Time to Chat?
You can also engage in conversation using chat in The Virtual Exchange. If you don’t have time, click on Leave a Business card so that our partners may follow up with you.
Setting Meeting Times
You can use the search function at the top of your screen to set up one-on-one appointments with our partners.
- Navigate to the search at the top of your screen.
- Check off “people,” then use the search field to type in the company name.
- Select a name from the company staff list (they are all looking forward to engaging, so choose any name!).
- You will then be prompted to send a message within the platform. Customize the date and time you would like (meetings are set in 10-minute increments).
- You will receive a message in the system and an email will be sent directly to your inbox.
- Once your meeting time comes up, simply navigate to the partner’s booth in The Virtual Exchange. The individual you chose will be there waiting. Simply hit “Start Video Chat” and select their name.
Tip: Make sure to block off this time in your calendar so you will get a reminder.
- Have a hardwired internet connection (prevents unstable WIFI issues).
- Mute your microphone when not talking.
- Try to avoid talking over / at the same time as other participants.
- When you start video chat, be aware you are on camera and try to avoid doing other tasks, checking emails, looking at your phone etc.
If you have any questions, the Virtual Event Place has an online support chat tool managed by real people who can help you during show hours, or 9 a.m.-5 m. EDT (UTC-4:00)during non-show hours.