Five Things You (Probably) Didn't Know About Louisville
- Home to six, and counting, Urban Bourbon distilleries in the city, Louisville has reclaimed its role as “Center of the Bourbon Universe” from pre-Prohibition days when every distiller had an office on “Whiskey Row” (today’s Main Street). Bourbon is part of the heritage and culture of the city that boasts 30-plus restaurants on the Urban Bourbon Trail.
- Muhammad Ali was born and raised in Louisville. Most notably known for his boxing career, Ali became a champion of human rights and social justice after retiring from the ring. He is buried in Louisville’s Cave Hill Cemetery.
- Named for King Louie XVI of France in appreciation for his assistance during the Revolutionary War, Louisville was founded by George Rogers Clark in 1778.
- Known as the “City of Parks,” Louisville prides itself on its green space. The city is home to 18 designed Frederick Law Olmsted parks. Louisville Waterfront Park is an award-winning park on the banks of the Ohio River. And, Jefferson Memorial Forest, at 6,500 acres, is the largest municipal urban forest in the United States.
- Since 1875, Churchill Downs has been the home of the Kentucky Derby (known as the “Run for the Roses” and “the greatest two minutes in sports”), the first leg of the Triple Crown of thoroughbred horse racing. The Derby is held annually on the first Saturday in May.
You Need to Attend PSX 2022
PSX 2022 offers an experience like no other in the field of product stewardship. It is the ONE CONFERENCE where you can discuss ALL of the challenges and opportunities related to your daily work activities while also gaining the information and knowledge you need for certification.
PSX 2022 will offer a wide variety of education options – in the range of topics, difficulty level, and learning format. Whether you’re new to product stewardship or a seasoned professional, you’ll find practical content and solutions to the challenges you face on a day-to-day basis.
You’re also going to make great new contacts. Nowhere else will you meet and hear from professionals from such a wide variety of product uses and throughout the value chain. More than a dozen industry sectors are represented, as well as law firms, consultants, and product vendors.
Here’s what some of our past attendees had to say….
“This conference is a great opportunity to learn on industry best practices, regulation updates, or courses to deeper enhance skills.” - Kristie Murray, Dow Chemical, Midland, MI
“It was a great opportunity to network and benchmark with other product stewards from various industries and to learn from each other's real-world experiences.” - Mark Erickson, Appvion, Inc., Appleton, WI
“This conference is a great opportunity for product stewards to gather sharing ideas and unique challenges. This not only reinforces the importance of product stewardship but provides wonderful opportunities to connect and grow as a field.” - Kerrie Canavan, ERM, New York, NY
“This is the only Product Stewardship conference in the world entirely dedicated to Product Stewardship run by industry for industry.” - Julian Hunter, International Paint, Ltd, United Kingdom
“The diverse demographic of the participants, energy, interest and participation/interaction was remarkable.” - Paul Harper, Ramboll, Phoenix, AZ