The safety of all PSX participants, staff, and supplier partners is paramount. We are working closely with the Hyatt Regency and our supplier partners to ensure compliance with all local, state, and national safety guidelines and regulations.
We are continuing to monitor the health and safety challenges presented by COVID-19 and plan to implement enhanced measures which may mean changes to the participant experience. Please see below for a listing of what we have planned.
With the proper precautions, you can easily enjoy learning and networking with your colleagues. Thank you for your assistance in our efforts to protect the health and safety of your colleagues during the conference.
Concerned about travel? Get the latest information from the CDC including case updates, vaccination information, and travel guidance.
Here’s what we are planning:
Updated on September 10, 2021
- Attendee self-reporting via a Health Shield survey and mandatory display of a sticker indicating completion of daily health screening.
- Following Orange County requirements on face coverings: currently required for those unvaccinated; strongly recommended for everyone, particularly in cases where 6 ft. of distance cannot be maintained. Masks are encouraged by the County for all meetings. Additionally, the Hyatt Regency Orange County is requesting all guests - vaccinated and unvaccinated - wear masks while indoors. PSS will require all attendees to wear masks while participating in PSX activities. Speakers are permitted to remove their masks while actively presenting but must replace them once they have finished their presentation. Masks will be provided to all participants at registration.
- Color-coded bracelets for attendees to share their comfort level in greeting fellow attendees (red = 6 ft. of distance requested; yellow = elbow bumps permitted; green = handshakes and high fives welcomed).
- 6 ft. physical distancing throughout the facility.
- Hand sanitizing stations throughout the Hyatt Regency and meeting spaces.
- Reduced seating per room to allow for physical distancing.
- All Product Stewardship Society and AIHA staff in attendance are fully vaccinated.
- Deeper cleaning in the meeting rooms during breaks.
- More frequent cleaning of public spaces and guestroom surfaces with Hyatt's GBAC STARTM accreditation.
- Enhanced food safety and hygiene protocols.
- Increased separation between partner companies in the Exchange to allow for physical distancing.
- Optimized digital browsing options for the On-Site Guide, handouts, and session presentations to reduce high touchpoints.
- No on-site registration option (changes to existing registrations may be made on-site).
- We will not require proof of vaccination unless it is mandated by the state of California.