Are you ready for Anaheim?
Five Things You (Probably) Didn't Know About Anaheim
- Carl's Jr opened its first full-service restaurant in Anaheim, initially under the name "Carl's Drive-In Barbeque."
- Disneyland, the first park of the sprawling entertainment and amusement corporation, took only one year to build. While the opening was a bit rocky with attractions breaking down regularly, we think it's recovered rather nicely since 1955.
- The Anaheim Convention Center is the largest exhibition facility on the West Coast, boasting more than 1.6 million square feet of event space.
- Anaheim began in 1867 as a small German colony; the founding families were expert wine-makers. Their vineyards were destroyed a few years after founding and replaced by the groves of orange trees that are now omnipresent in Southern California. The city's name comes from the nearby Santa Ana River and the German term for home ("heim").
- Up until Disneyland's opening, Anaheim was a largely rural community, numbering just under 15,000 residents. Walt Disney's dream quickly elevated the town into the most populous city in Orange County and one of the state's 10 largest cities.
You Need to Attend PSX 2021
PSX 2021 offers an experience like no other in the field of product stewardship. It is the ONE CONFERENCE where you can discuss ALL of the challenges and opportunities related to your daily work activities while also gaining the information and knowledge you need for certification.
PSX 2021 will offer a wide variety of education options – in the range of topics, difficulty level, and learning format. Whether you’re new to product stewardship or a seasoned professional, you’ll find practical content and solutions to the challenges you face on a day-to-day basis.
You’re also going to make great new contacts. Nowhere else will you meet and hear from professionals from such a wide variety of product uses and throughout the value chain. More than a dozen industry sectors are represented, as well as law firms, consultants, and product vendors.
Here’s what some of our 2019 and 2020 attendees had to say….
“This conference is a great opportunity to learn on industry best practices, regulation updates, or courses to deeper enhance skills.” - Kristie Murray, Dow Chemical, Midland, MI
“It was a great opportunity to network and benchmark with other product stewards from various industries and to learn from each other's real-world experiences.” - Mark Erickson, Appvion, Inc., Appleton, WI
“This conference is a great opportunity for product stewards to gather sharing ideas and unique challenges. This not only reinforces the importance of product stewardship but provides wonderful opportunities to connect and grow as a field.” - Kerrie Canavan, ERM, New York, NY
“This is the only Product Stewardship conference in the world entirely dedicated to Product Stewardship run by industry for industry.” - Julian Hunter, International Paint, Ltd, United Kingdom
“The diverse demographic of the participants, energy, interest and participation/interaction was remarkable.” - Paul Harper, Ramboll, Phoenix, AZ